Thank you for your replies so far, and please keep them coming to see if there is enough interest in this concept. I talked to Kim about this idea also right after the RI reunion.

I was at RI and did not see any club tables as such. However, I had sheets around for New England collectors to sign as I was organizing NELL the following month. I know Jim Johnston of the Great Lakes club was handing out some club material. And there were club notices on the bulletin board. So it was very informal. I am talking here about every interested club getting their own table to put out what they wish in order to promote their club -- a more "formal" presentation, if that's the word, of actual materials and displays.

Other than some club member(s) setting up the table initially on the first day or before in Baltimore, there should be no problem with "manning a table" It should not prevent any club member from attending any event or using their free time for what they wish. I do not suggest that there be any set schedule where a club member must report for duty. The displays should be self-explanatory as to what the club does; the promotion flyers and membership applications can just be there for anyone to pick up. And when everyone is back from scheduled events, it would be a natural for attendees to wander between the various rooms such as the Company Store; John's computer/website display; and a club room, to see what's around and to meet whomever is there. If club members all wear an identifying club shirt (as the TN group did so gloriously in RI), everyone would know who to walk up to in the club room if they had questions about the club. And club members, I am sure, would also tend to be near their club table automatically while they were in the room.

It is an idea worth trying; and a first attempt can be improved upon for the future Reunions based on success and reactions in Baltimore.

If indeed HL is already working on securing such a room for clubs, I will be the first to say a BIG thank you to them. And will offer them any help I can.

Let's hear it from more clubs out there, and please when posting, state which club you belong to -- if indeed you do. Clubs all want to help HL in carrying out their goals such as helping in preservation efforts.

Barbara Hupp

------------------
ladylightkeeper

ladylightkeeper