I have always wanted to start a lighthouse club for the (NYC) tri-state area called Tri-State Lighthousers. The club would be mostly oriented around visiting lighthouses, but of course there would be help with perserving area lighthouses.

I'm thinking three or four annual meetings, rotating amongst the three area states (NY, NJ, and CT), with the club's scope reaching out across the enteirety of CT and NJ, the whole of LI, and the Hudson and NYC area lights. Any more than that you're out of the Tri-State region or on the Great Lakes. Maybe a big trip attached to one of the meetings going somewhere far, a few local trips, and eventually, maybe a road rally of some sort. Oh yeah, and all events will coincide with national holiday weekends so I can actually GO to these events. laugh I'm tired of all the good trips being while I'm at school. frown

I'm curious though...what do you have to do to come about starting a LH club? Obviously, you can't just start a club. And now that I think about it, I'm not even sure if I can be on the Board of Directors legally. Anyone know?

Any ideas, or if you even think there would be interest, are welcome.