"The majority of Currituck's voters live on the mainland and are mostly farmers, and the County officials look out for the farmers. These people are busy with their daily lives of farming, and know the lighthouse is there, but probably don't give it much thought.

But wouldn't it be great if we could really find a fix for this crap that has been going on far too long!

Judy "

Judy,

I was going to post something very similar to this.

We in the Lighthouse Community are looking at this situation with blinders. We only see what the elected officials are doing in refernce to the Lighthouse and nothing else.

The people in the county have more pressing needs and probably only give an afterthought to the Lighthouse situation. they may see it as a minor or even an unimportant issue in their grand scheme of things.

I have a similar situation with my local Congressman. I disagree with his position on one very important issue but I continue to support him for reelection every time for two basic reasons- he takes very good care of his constituents in other matters of more direct concern and the other party never puts up a credible candidate to oppose him.

It's very difficult to get people to oppose someone simply for a single issue when the rest of the issues are dealt with in a manner they feel is positive.

It could very well be the case in currituck County.

All that said- there sometimes comes a point when the reaction to specific issues from the outside can make people decide that the balance has been tipped.

It's for this reason that the Lighthouse Community at large must keep up the pressure for a final resolution to the stupidity being practiced. The people of Currituck County must be made aware that they are not being respected elsewhere for tolerating this situation.

The state needs to do more to help resolve this as does the Feds. It is obviously not going to be done on the very local level. The way to do this is to continually agitate those in positions of power. Keep those cards, letters and e-mails going until they get the message.

Dennis