I may be wrong, but I think this "Manson" is a former judge. Not sure at what level. But when I called the offices there a while back, I was referred to another person who was taking calls for "The Judge" when I asked for Manson.

That probably explains why he thinks it's his job to make law and get the parties to negotiate instead of reviewing the relative merits of each groups submission and saying "Yes, the OBC has the best qualifications and they win.".

I'd say this man is creating a very big liability for the Department of the Interior because he is circumventing the letter and intent of the law in GIVING AWAY the lighthouse to the most qualified request.

Now he thinks he has the power to have the lighthouse SOLD. We don't know what the rules will be or who is qualified to be a potential buyer or what the outcome of the sale will be -- could someone with deep pockets (or a corporation) buy it and make it into a private home or a corporate retreat?

Mr. Manson (sorry, you're no longer a judge) needs to hear from someone in charge that HE isn't in charge of America's 'surplus' lighthouses.