Quote:
Originally posted by seagirt:
Okay...this is getting confusing. AK and HI count by default - I already have them. I've already got a MA, so that means I have to get all the commonwealths now. Plus, I have no idea what the difference between a commonwealth and a state is. And DC is a part of the continental US geographically, has its own plate, and is a part of the country.

If I went into getting plates from all the territories, you could go crazy. All the island territories have different plates for the different islands. I'd need a whole wall for all of them. I figure "50 states + DC" is the best way to go at first.
Greg,

Relax- we're just being our normal selfs- at least Dave and I are.

We're just messing with your brain a bit- it's all in fun.
laugh

In all aspects that matter a commonwealth and a state are the same thing- it's just something left over from colonial times and how they were organized.

Here's a bit of info to confuse things a bit more- the official name of Rhode Island is- The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. Here's a link explaining it-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhode_Island

Seriously, though I'm not sure if it's still possible but at one time you were able to order a Virginia Lighthouse liscense plate even if you did not live in VA

Dennis