Quote:
Last summer I was out there with the BLM rep from Lopez Island and he was talking about all the plans he had for the island and the light. He was upset that the Coast Guard had turned off the light without telling him. He stated that when he first saw the light after it was shut off he thought it had been vandalized, it wasn't until he called his contact with the CG to report the light was out and the solar system was taken apart, that he found out they had turned off the light.
As far as I know, Patos Island Light is still active. Perhaps they turned it off temporarily for repairs or something.

Quote:
Also let us know when the lighthouse will be open for visits.
The only way you can visit the island is by boat. However, we expect to have some special boat charters/tours this summer in celebration of the 100th anniversary of the light.

We hope to have photos of the progress of the renovations as they go along and I will try to be sure they are posted here for all to see.

Quote:
What luck!!! Patos Island LH is featured on the March cover of the Lighthouse Digest. Cover photo by Tammy Wolfe!!
That's great news - I haven't received my copy yet.

Larry