Well I read a posting on that site that referred to someone having read in the newspaper that the lighthouse would be spared. Tried finding something in the local paper but couldn't. Their site didn't have much on it except the capability to place an ad. So do we even know if the lighthouse site and it's contents are recent???

All I know is what I was told when I was up that way some years ago. We were over near the lighthouse and spoke to some people who had been particpants in an historic reenactment that seemed to be about over. They stated that the then and current owner wasn't too keen on folks wanting to see the lighthouse. It seemed that these reenactors were local folks and didn't have anything too positive to say about the owner. We walked out to the lighthouse and I stepped about three feet past the posted sign marking off the private property for a few photos. There were some people who had gone further, near the river but not close to the lighthouse, whoever they were.

The lighthouse site would indicate they were more welcoming? as apparently the father was. But then again, is it old stuff or new? If it's new is seems to be a complete turnaround from wanting to tear the place down???