Received my copies today. It was a VERY emotional moment for us when we opened the box and saw the cover. In my wildest dreams I never thought I would ever see one of my paintings on the cover of a magazine. It is very hard to put into words how I feel, I guess "shock" is the best way to describe how my life has changed in the past few months.

It is amazing to see the powerful effect lighthouses have on people. Especially in a landlocked rural location where corn fields and Amish buggies rule and from people that have never gave them a second glance. After an interview last week a local reporter just wanted to stay and talk about lighthouses and I think she looked through every book I own on the subject. She even asked me where she could buy her first HL but was a little dissapointed to find out that Cleveland wasn't available from HL's. Could be another future Wacko! Suddenly lighthouses are the talk of the town and the reponse has been amazing. I was even approached by 2 people who had never seen a lighthouse in person wanting information on how to donate to lighthouse preservation. Cows and corn move over, the lighthouses have ARRIVED!!!

I can't begin the express how grateful I am to HL's, John and everyone here on the forum. This would have never happened if it weren't for your kind words, inspiration and support. I will NEVER forget what you have all done for me!!

Now all I need to do is get a couple of clones so that I keep up with these deadlines.

[This message has been edited by Gravedigger (edited 04-06-2001).]