GLOWs aka Open Editions, are sometimes considered more detailed than the Limited Edition version of certain lights. Yes, they are less expensive than paying a premium price for a LE, but the GLOWs will probably never increase in value because Harbour Lights will keep making them as long as they keep selling them. On the other hand, some GLOWs have been retired and a revised version made. Portland Head, HL #404, is a retired GLOW, replaced by HL 404R. This also occurred with Southeast Light, Block Island.

Most collectors feel that GLOWs are an intrusion that actually lessens the value of the LE's because people will purchase the GLOW version rather than spend the big bucks for the LE.

I use to purchase every LE and every GLOW offered. Like other people with large collections, I was running out of space to display and store these pieces. I bit the bullet, and bought all the rare/high price LE's completing my collection (still no Coquille LE) thus eliminating my need to have the GLOW versions.

New collectors will continue to buy GLOWs so they will have an affordable replica of their favorite lights. There is nothing wrong with that. The GLOWs look good, they're affordable, they display well, and most of your friends and neighbors will never know the difference between an Open Edition and a Limited Editon anyways.

smile Bob smile