Okey fellow collectors, cut Cheryl Spence Collins some slack. Yes, you can find her lighthouses in stores however not as popular as the Harbour Lights line. I believe she has an excellent product and her lighthouses are well done. She does extensive research on the lighthouses she produces. They would probably appeal more to women than men.

FYI - Cheryl started before Bill did!! The two things that Harbour Lights has going for them is Bill's personality (he's outgoing, Cheryl is more reserved) and his marketing experience. Another interesting feature of CSC is that all of her lighthouses are to scale( not Navesink for obvious reasons). Therefore a Castle Hill will be smaller than a Cape Hatteras. This makes for a very nice display. I see no problem with mixing the two together.

Stores like J.C. Penny's and Jacobson's carried lighthouses during the summer for a special theme promotion. Once summer was gone so were the lighthouses. It was an excellent way to buy some at half price! Both HL and CSC were sold this way.

I do not know of a secondary market for the CSC lighthouses. Perhaps some people just collect them for their beauty and for their love of lighthouses without thinking of making money off of them in the future.

Bob wonders if it is a coincidence that CSC makes just about the same lights that HL manufactors. While this may seem to be the case remember that this is a highly competitive business and I believe it goes both ways - HL has copied CSC also.

Don't get me wrong Bob or take offense! As you can tell I love both kinds of lighthouses each for different reasons. It's a good thing there are many different kinds of lightouses produced so that we can all enjoy our favorite hobby.

Sue