FWIW-

Cape Henry is owned and maintained by the Association for the Preservations of Virginia Antiquities. I would presume donations there are for overal APVA use, unless they designate.

Currituck is under the care ofthe Outer Banks Conservationists. Presume they are funding the repairs and conducting their own fund raising.

Bald Head is on a private island and owned by the Old Baldy Association.

Oak Island is in the middle of an active CG station and Price's Creek is isolated on private property.

That leaves Bodie, Hatteras and Ocracoke. (Add Cape Lookout in the general area also, since many group all the NC lights into the Outer Banks umbrella.)Not sure about whether CG or NPS owns Hatteras, but that is a mute point now. CG still owns the other 3 and they are managed by the NPS.

The NPS has Bodie and Lookout in the wings to repair and open. CG is to transfer Bodie to NPS. From what I have read, I would expect that as soon as the NPS owns Bodie it will put the wheels in motion to begin work. I can understand that they don't want to invest their bucks until they own the tower. Hatteras will be hopefully complete and efforts will turn to the next major project. If the NPS folks are on the ball, they will buildon the success of the Hatteras move to keep everyone excited about the OB area lighthouses and will get the funding to start work on Bodie, Lookout and Ocracoke.

I'm sure all of us will be willing to ante up and help the efforts to open Bodie's tower to be climbed, as well as Lookout and Ocracoke. I look forward to the day we are all excited and making plans for those special trips to the OB to celebrate!

imho,
Dave