I'm surprised it took me this long to comment on this subject, seeing as how much I love Bodie Island. I agree with Art. Each Lighthouse needs a separate fund. I know for a fact everytime I have been to Bodie Island I have looked for a donation kettle. I have never seen one. I know there is one at Hatteras, and of course currituck gets money from thier small fee to climb the light. I just wish they would place a donation box at Bodie, with a note saying funds given here would be used on that site. If they did I know I have about 20 years worth of donations that I would happily chatch up on!! As a member of the OBLHS I think that if enough of us members asked for such a thing we could get it. I know I would happily donate more than the yearly fee if they would setup individual funds for each light. Each member would be giving the chance to donate extra to their favorite light each year when they renew. that would leave the regular fund open for use anywhere needed and a special fund for each light. Failing that they could select a different light each year, and have all extra donations used to help that light. The next year select another light.

Just a few thoughtd from the mind of WEASEL58

------------------
Weasel58

[This message has been edited by Weasel58 (edited 02-28-2000).]

Eric