Welcome to the Fora, Moby III

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=42289&a=282922&p=10899684&Sequence=1[/img]

I visited your family treasure last Memorial Day weekend and very much enjoyed it. The outside of the structure appeared to be in fine shape. I'm very sorry to hear of the internal decay. I live quite a distance away so my elbow grease will be in short supply, but I am very interested in helping preserve this beautiful landmark. Let me know what I can do.

I can understand the OBLS monies being funneled to Hatteras as she was in imminent danger, and that enormous job is still not quite finished. Sounds like the next beneficiary is going to be Currituck. I'm not sure if OBLS funds are being used for that one, just guessing. However, soon there may again be an opportunity for Bodie to benefit.

Any action will probably take a while as all parties sort out new responsibilities and interactions, and as a plan for Bodie's future is defined. Hopefully, by the time all of the bureaucratic wrangling is done, the OBLS will be ready for the next project, and it will be Bodie's turn.

One idea: We can vote for Bodie as the next Wacko Pin beneficiary. However, we don't even need to wait for that. Maybe the OBLS can help set up a sub-account for the express benefit of Bodie? Just a thought, but I'd guess they'd rather tackle one project at a time with a common pool of funds. If someone will be setting up a foundation for Bodie soon, I'm sure there will be plenty of Forumites willing to contribute. I will be among them.

------------------
-Art

-Art