Lorna and I took a little stroll out to the North Light at Block Island last week. The place is looking good! Unfortunately, the building wasn't open while we were there. We were just a little early in the morning to avoid the heat of the rather long walk back (just over four miles).

These are a few of the many photos I took that morning:

I feel this light will eventually become a Harbour Lights limited edition. It is an extremely popular light on a very popular island off the coast of Rhode Island. Although the basic structure is not necessarily a unique design, I believe the rear of the building is unique. The fact that the view of the lower sections of the north and west sides of the building are partially obscured by sand dunes would present and interesting challenge to Harbour Lights to include those dunes in the sculpture. The east side of the light has a "donate a brick" patio which has one brick bearing former President Bill Clinton's name. Even the former President has visited the light!

Please voice your opinions in this thread and hopefully HL will listen and make this magnificient light.

Thank you very much!

Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob M (edited 07-10-2002).]