Let me see if I understand this thread.
- A group of folks who were collecting Harbour Lights when you could buy them at issue price met over cigars and brandy (editorial comment) and just maybe remembered Bill saying, maybe in jest, that a particular lighthouse would not be made.
- Word of this meeting filtered to the Executive offices of HL and based on the concern of this august coalition the production lines immediately ground to a purifying halt.
- A thought occurs to me that some profound event or situation must have occurred to generate a statement that one particular lighthouse would not be made. Seems kind of strange that Bill wouldn't remember it.
- The hobby might suffer if this one particular lighthouse (among 200-300 already made) were to be manufactured?
- Many people participating in this forum would like to see a particular lighthouse made except that it might effect the value of a scarce piece, which might in turn not be beneficial to anyone owning the scarce piece who might want to sell said scarce piece for perhaps 33 times the issue price because the value might drop to, say, 32 times the issue price, but probably not to the huddled masses who could really only afford to pay the issue price if there were to be, for instance, a GLOW version produced (subjunctively speaking).
- A matter of personal reputation seems to be at stake for no matter how many new Harbour Lights collectors might be interested in a piece, it can't possibly me made if even an off-hand comment was truly made indicating that it wouldn't be.
- But wait a sec, I think I see the beginnings of a real moral dilemma. What if Bill also made the comment, actually overheard in my home town at a local signing event, that what really determined whether a lighthouse would be made was that there existed a strong demand shown by a large number of Harbour Lights collectors. Something like this thread, for instance.
- Reminds me of the dueling banjos in Deliverance: Can't make it because I said I wouldn't (althought I don't remember saying so) - Must make it because its being requested by many collectors.

Sort of boggles the mind. I guess I'll sleep on it and see if it all becomes clearer in the morning.

Warning: When reading this input please don't take the author too seriously, he doesn't.