Why do we collect lighthouses? Is it for investment? Few would say so, I'll bet. Folks who run up the price of a HL rarity are playing a classic risk/reward game. HL has no obligation to subsidize their risk taking. If the speculators fear a drop in value, let them sell now to someone who may better appreciate the sculpture for what it is! For those have-nots who wish to have a Coquille River (for, dare I say, the "right" reasons?), let HL make a GLOW. FWIW, I don't think it would impact the price of the LE much anyway; it'll still be rare, and still be odd.

Think of your favorite HL. Does it have a special meaning to you, say, from your childhood memories, etc.? What if those memories were filled with Coquille? Should we deprive those people to whom Coquille is dear? I don't own a Coquille. I don't even want one. I probably wouldn't buy the OE, at least not right away, given all the others I really want but do not yet have.

The idea of a "mold 2" LE is novel, but would only generate more of the speculative frenzy that I'd personally rather avoid. Let's take the high road, the GLOW road!

I agree that there may be too many OEs on dealers' shelves. But which ones shall we do without? Who shall decide? The solution is more shelf space, not fewer OEs.

Okay, I'll get down now. Still friends?

Waxing philosophic,

Art

P.S.: Thanks for the jolt, Rod!

-Art