Way to go Rod! Things were getting a little slow. No lively debates lately. Unfortunately, I agree with everything you said, so there will be no spirited banter from me.

I do not own a Coquille, nor do I envision owning one in the future (unless I win to lotto), so an open version will probably be my only chance at owning this unique lighthouse. I agree with Rod's point on Cape Hatteras. I don't see the value of the limited Hatteras going down in the presence of the open edition, so why should it be any different with Coquille?

I also base the need for an open edition Coquille on the society membership. With the membership now over 30,000 and increasing around 1,000 members monthly, the demand for Coquille is only going to increase. Not all, but a number of these new collectors, (and I am sure some of them have more funding than me) are going to want to add these rare pieces to thier collections. I feel if anything, this will only drive the price of the limited edition Coquille even higher, making this piece even more unattainable to a lot of collectors.

Make the open edition Coquille. I am not very big on collecting the open versions (98 limited & 2 open), but this would be one that I would purchase.

-Todd (With more spirit than I thought)