I may be wrong, but I believe that the lenses produced to date are, like the lighthouse models, not scaled in proportion to each other. The fifth order is very close in size to the third order; I expect there'd be more size differentiation between the real lenses.

So, if I'm right, Y&A chooses to call them third order, fifth order, etc, not because of their relative size, but because they are models of specific lenses that are, in fact, the orders designated.

It stands to reason then, that a first order lens model should be a based on an actual first order lens, but not necessarily be larger than the other models.

Personally, I'd like to see one of each unique style of lens, some of which could or could not be the same order as others.

Would I buy them all? Dunno. I was going to stop with the fifth order and the clamshell. Then Bill Harnsberger's review got to me, (well, the "beehive - good" part anyway)and I went back for the beehive. After lighting it up, I believe it's my favorite.

So, if they build them, we will come, I guess. Especially with the lighting, and possible color variations, and maybe even rotation.

Bruce