I've been preaching this since 1997, when I mentioned it to Bill, Kim, Nancy & Harry Hine at the San Diego Reunion.

Harbour Lights has done the following sites: Boston, MA (1716), Brant Point, MA (1746) and Beavertail, RI (1749).

It is time for Harbour Lights to do the site of the fouth lighthouse in the America, New London Harbor, CT (1760).

It would be a great piece, especially with the Barque Eagle passing by. New London is the Home Port for the Coast Guard Barque Eagle and home to the USCG Academy. The USCG has just committed millions of dollars to building a first-class museum at Fort Trubull, just up the road from New London Harbor Lighthouse.

I realize that all of the towers that now stand on these first four sites are not the original towers, having been blown up in battles, destroyed by fire or storm, or just rebuilt from better materials because the originals were falling apart.

I also suggested that Harbour Lights make this a two piece proposition. The lighthouse can be a Harbour Lights piece and the Eagle could be an Anchor Bay piece, but the two could be made to "fit together" or be displayed separately.

Another idea would be to have an early submarine passing by the lighthouse. After all, Groton/New London area is the Submarine Capital of the World (home to the world's first nuclear powered sub, Nautilus, which is a national museum now at the Subbase).

At any rate, there are many of you who sailed past this lighthouse while in the service. It has served it's country well and deserves to be made, to join the others who's sites were the first in our country.

Please, join me in supporting this effort to let Harbour Lights know that New London Harbor Lighthouse must be done.

Thanks,
Ron
(CT Keeper)
[This message has been edited by RFoster (edited 05-22-2002).]

[This message has been edited by RFoster (edited 05-22-2002).]

Ron
(CT Keeper)