Quote:
I watch e-bay a lot and find that certain lighthouses appear with a vast range of prices.
There are many factors that govern what a Harbour light will sell for. Most prices are not a surprise if you research the item on ebay.
Why can One North Head can go for $250 and an other go for $50.
If you research the North head there are many good reason.
Things that affect the ebay sale:
1. Clean pictures showing complete piece.
2. Emails answered promptly and correctly
3. Good ebay rating
4. The time and day will definitely effects bid.
5. Miss-spellings. A lot of sellers have taken a hard hit miss spelling Harbour.
6. A good or bad salesman. I have had sellers on ebay never answer any of my questions. I will never buy off of anyone that won’t email me back.

Now things that most of the high paying collector looks for that will affect the bid.
1. What country was it made in? Canadians bring in a higher price than a Malaysian. California bring in a higher price than a Canadian
2. A Rod- a bend rod usually doesn’t matter. A broken one does. A loose may hurt the price a little depending on the LE
3. If it is a Canadian, does it have a Canadian sticker?
4. Box color will definitely affect the bid. With a Canadian a blue box can drag the bid down, while a brown will definitely bring in a good price.
5. Condition of box
6. Does number on box match number on Lighthouse?
7. Paint variations.
8. Condition of felt.
9. Earthquake clay will definitely hurt a bid.
10. Sometimes the color of the felt can bring in a better price. Usually not. The Color is usually used to identify where it was manufactured. But one seller on ebay had a hard time selling his Burrows until he saided that it had a gray felt and that a collector said that it was from California. It worked He sold it at a good price. But a gray felt doesn’t always mean it is a California. Many Canadian burrows had gray felt.
11. The biggest blow that will bring a Lighthouse down on ebay, besides paint chips and a broken ventalor is: NO BOX

DANIEL