Well, John, I was going to follow your advice about displaying thumbnails but I found something that is going to work equally well for me. You guys are so much more experienced with displays that you are probably well acquainted with this - a thimble dome.

Since I have no interest in thimbles, I had never seen one of these. It is about 8" high, including the woodlike base and glass dome. The dome is about 12¼" round. It holds a three tiered plexiglass stand with 7 nubs on each tier (small bumps which hold each thimble). I flipped the stand over so that the nubs face down. I placed a thumbnail on each of the visible nub bases, effectively covering the nubs. Nineteen are in place now, so I have two spaces on the bottom tier and the middle of the top tier open. I may have found someone who wants to sell the three '98 thumbnails so, hopefully, I will fill the three spaces soon. A smaller circle of about 4 - 5 lights can be set up behind each current circle of 7, so I have room for the 3 '97 thumbnails which I still need and any future ones HL may issue. I will have to post a picture so you can check it out.

beachcomber