Well. it's about that time again; insurance renewal for my renters policy. I received an e-mail from my current car policy underwriter who said that they may be able to save me money. Upon receiving her quote, I noticed that it was over twice as high. When we went over the nuts and bolts, her reasoning was that I needed more to cover potential sue-happy "guests" that may get hurt, and the increased size of my collection of lighthouses (and other things) that, to my surprise. aren't covered by the "replacement value" renters policies!?!

So, I took a picture of all 106 with their tent cards, a couple with their boxes and a couple of close ups to show the uniqueness and the seal on the bottom to show that they aren't just "a lighthouse".

My question: do I just put in the retail of each, or is there a way to get them appraised (like the variation pieces and the low flags)? Then I have to get up with the agent and he'll add it on (and raise my premium!!). I could've sworn that when they wrote the policy for me that they asked what I owned monetarily and we settled on $34,000. Now i find, I can say $100,000, but if i say someone stole/damaged a lighthouse, if I don't have a rider(?) (unsure of terminology) to provide for that, then I get a lighthouse from K-Mart or wherever eek ...boy or they sneaky; any way to get more money out of you!! mad

Steve

Health through education, for a much misguided nation!!