We just got an insert last weekend in the Sunday paper about some new lights by Danbury Mint. I agree that HL has it all over them in the final analysis for quality and detail. However, the bigger ones that they put out with the wooden base, lights showing inside the buildings, and a blinking light in the lantern room were really impressive and well-done. They are quite large, but you get a lot for your money.

I had led the NELL HL club on an Outing last June to Portland Head Light in Maine; and in their museum anteroom, there was this neat sculpture of Portland, with a blinking light.It really caught my eye. It was by Danbury Mint. My husband surprised me with it for a present later in the year and though I am l00% an HL collector, I really LOVE that Danbury. When the room lights are out or just dimmed, that light sure does show up. It is a real conversation piece when someone comes over; and that leads into showing HL pieces to friends.

This newest insert ONLY had the Portland Head sculpture with the working light pictured; no others in that series. I wonder if they have discontinued the other ones? It sold for about $125 I think, which was a great price when compared to Navasink's price for a larger piece.

------------------
ladylightkeeper

ladylightkeeper