Yes Scott is one of the big rollers on Ebay for the early Harbour Lights, and it is the SCOTTS of the collecting world that create the perimeters of collecting, not you and me.
As I have said in the past, a collectable should be complete with all original packing if you want to get your max return.

In some collecting fields to maintain maximum value the package is not to be opened like toys that are sealed in cellophane. But us HL collectors have been aloud to display our collectables and then sell them for the premium return according to the going value at that time, if we kept the original box, packing material and paperwork. Some collectors will not even collect a “Canadian Made” if it does not have the Canadian sticker under it.

The collecting field has not been that demanding concerning the requirements for “Certificate of Authenticity” or the “name tag”. Probably because Harbour Lights always offered replacements for these. However in the future this may change. The new Certificate are not exactly the same as the old ones, and in the future it is possible that HL may will no longer provide that service.

Buy the way, some L.E.s came with peanuts then switched to Syrofoam. If anyone is interested I probally could come up with a list. If not I will pass.

DANIEL