We first encountered Harbour Lights around 9 months ago. The reason we had never seen them before is that Colorado is NOT a Lighthouse Mecca.

After visiting the Lighthouses along the Oregon Coast this summer, we decided to take the plunge (Ironically, the one we wanted the most was Coquille River. Then, when we got home and got all the information we could get our hands on, we found it was the one light we would probably NEVER have).

In any event, here's the progression of our buying strategy:

A) Buy only the lights that we have visited.

B) OK, all the lights we have visited PLUS any that we were close enough to see (that was mainly so we could include Tillamook)

C) OK, add any that we were CLOSE to but couldn't see because of the fog (that was mainly Cape Blanco and Arago...if they ever do an Arago......gotta plan for the future, ya know).

D) Add any that we have PLANS to see.

E) Let's make it easy. ALL North Carolina (for her), NJ (for me), and Oregon lights (for us).

F)and any in the NY metropolitan area and Cape cod as I'm SURE I've seen them at some point in my life. OH, I was to Maine a couple of times so I'm sure I've seen them as well.

G) Add any that we WANT to see (that was mainly so I could get Split Rock)

H) Add any that are just basically cool.

And finally....

I) Add any that are retired but still at the dealers that may be worth more than the retail price (that was from the materialistic side of me).

I'm now working on a new strategy....something along the lines of "OK...let's approach this from a different angle: Which ones do we want to rule OUT. Unfortunately I haven't got very far with it yet".

Regards,
Brian