I became legally insane, ...er a Harbour Lights collector November 1996. My first piece being a Jupiter, FL which I purchased as a gift for my then soon to be fiancee (if she only knew then what she knows now!!) I joined the collectors society shortly thereafter and really got down to business.

I now have around 82 limiteds and a few opens thrown in for good measure. Slowly but surely, as money allows, I pick up some of the hard to find pieces, with my goal of owning as many as possible wihtout getting divorced. I guess I thought I would start out only collecting Great Lakes pieces, but once I became "hooked", I just couldn't say no to other releases. It keeps getting harder to say no as the quality keeps getting better and better.

Helping me tremendously getting started was John's website (of course it still does now as HL.com!) John was very helpful and answered many questions for me. I bought my first secondary pieces from him and Warren through LighthouseKeepers. The internet is a very valuable tool for us collectors and even more important, I feel I have made some valuable new friendships with fellow collectors (Hopefully no new enemys) and look forward to someday meeting all of you.

Harbour Lights has rekindled my interest in lighthouses, and my wife and I take a trip each summer to visit and photograph different lighthouses. Collecting these addictive little structures is a rewarding hobby for us both, although technically, Jupiter is the only one that I say is hers!!