Since moving to California, my husband & I became interested in touring lighthouses. A person at work knew of our interest & showed us a miniature lighthouse she collected. We did some checking on styles produced by several companies and after seeing Harbour Lights, we were hooked!

We started collecting February 22 of this year. Only California (where we live) lighthouses. Then all West Coast lights were acceptable. We're originally from Wisconsin so . . . we must get lighthouses from "home". Did you know Wisconsin is bordered by a couple of the Great Lakes? Therefore, ANY Great Lake light was accepted. Our research showed that lighthouses were first established on the East Coast, of course they became a "must have" also.

We now have over 55 limited editions & 20 "specialties".

My advice, keep reading this forum and posting questions. Find a good dealer to work with, ours always finds "special" items in the back of the storeroom. Enjoy the seahorse hunt with each piece. They are categorized as "collectibles" but they are really treasures to be cherished.