This message is aimed at new participants to this forum. It's too late for the rest of us! If you want to retain your sanity, leave this board NOW and NEVER return.

Lou and I started collecting Harbour Lights in 1991 and bought one of each issue number. We are avid collectors. We belong to eight Collectors Clubs and collect a few other lines that we do not belong to the club because we're either not that interested or a club doesn't exist.

A few years after retirement, I decided it was time to get rid of the old dinosaur and get a modern computer. If you have a decent computer you HAVE to get on the Internet. Taking advantage of the 30 day free trial on AOL, I started surfing, looking for collectible boards and websites. I found the HL board, which was the only decent one to be found (thanks to John C. and a few others who were knowledgeable and dedicated). There I started learning about, revisions, variations, and other features (goofs) of Harbour Lights.

Of course, I also joined in the chat room and met other collectors fingertip to fingertip (keyboard to keyboard?). Then Steve Case got greedy and ruined the Bulletin Board. But, St. John came to the rescue and opened the Forum. Bringing in a whole new groug of collectors.

About this time, I discovered that I was no longer an avid collector but an addict. Then today I was looking at this Forum and my own postings and came to the conclusion that I am also a "Wacko".

St. John quit leading us down the Primrose Path and return us to the "Dark Ages" where we were just collectors and not having the fun and enjoyment that we have today. Lighthouse are for the overcast and foggy days not for bright lights, sunshine and laughter.

An addicted collector turned wacko!
the Ancient Mariner (who should be old enough to know better)