Spent about 3 hours today cleaning out the 3 curios - 1 at a time.

Remove everything, blow it off with canned air. Windex inside and out; then decide which pieces will have the honor of being returned on display and which ones will be assigned to live in their boxes for a couple of years.

I cut the number of pieces in each curio from about 45 to 25 or so. It sure makes the display sparkle when light from the single overhead gets a chance to filter almost to the bottom.

I've given this advice before, but here it is again. To maximize the impact of the display, place fewer items with smaller 'footprints' on the top shelf, 1 more piece on the next shelf, etc.

Place the big, bulky pieces on the lower shelves and the most detailed ones at eye level. The big ones will show up when your friends are standing in front of the curio and the most attractive ones will be right there at eye level.

If you start placement at the top and work your way down, you can move pieces on the top shelves so that more light hits the ones on the next shelf, etc.

Boy those shelves were dirty. And do they shine now!

Now I've got to find the boxes for the 60 or so pieces I'm taking out of the curios!!

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 10-26-2001).]