Anytime you buy a piece on ebay, you're taking a chance that the seller has the same idea of "mint" that you do. That's not always the case. The majority of the time, the light is going to be what you want. I've bought many lights on ebay and been very happy with them. Every so often though, your going to get one your not happy with. Then you have to stop and think, "how much did I pay for this?" Chances are you got it for a pretty good price on ebay. Now I'm not saying that I don't want my lights to be in mint condition, but if I get one with a box(? confused ?) that's stinky, or a light that smells, and I paid 60-75% cost, I'll probably be satisfied. And I'll just be sure to spray some extra potpouri in that area of the house. I don't sell any of my lights, and I collect strictly for enjoyment. It's my hobby, not a business investment. If you want EVERYTHING to be perfect, DON'T buy lights on ebay. There are plenty of people out there willing to sell their actual mint lighthouses at actual mint prices. Or, if you still want to buy on ebay, email the seller a list of 20 questions. smile

So how about that Superbowl?! Looks like my prediction was a little off the mark (at this point in the game).