Both my inventory and my sculptures are displayed by either state or HL name--i.e., Original 17, Lady Lightkeepers, etc. I have 4 glass-front overhead cabinets in my office for the collections and event pieces, 4 5' glass curio cabinets in my living room (New York, Florida, Pharo Collection, Hudson River, Special Editions/Historical Buildings, Southeastern Lights), 2 5' glass curio cabinets (Christmas Editions, Fresnel Lenses) flanking a 3.5' x 1.25' x 7' curio cabinet similar to Paul's in a 2nd floor sitting room, 1 glass-front bookcase (barrister) housing the Collector's Society pieces in that room as well, and a glass/brass wall-hung cabinet for the British Isles Collection. My 7' cabinet has seven shelves, four of which we added after purchasing the cabinet.

We're working on finding a way to support all the shelves in that cabinet, as the weight of the sculptures is causing a slight bow on a few of the shelves. The people we bought the glass shelves from provided 12" long clear plastic strips with adhesive on one side, but they lose their stickiness and the strips fall onto the next shelf. The "plan" is to remove everything this month, clean the interior thoroughly (been using Invisible Glass and newspaper for a few years), lay the cabinet on the floor (glass front down, then turning it and adding strips to the mirror back) and adhese the strips using a heavy-duty caulk that dries clear. Entry to the cabinet is through glass doors on the sides. The next cabinet I get will have to "open" from the front--slide from left to right or right to left.

Paul, have you had any problem with bowing shelves? Are there any supports in the center of your shelves? If there are supports in the center, what are you using? The 3.5' span of my cabinet is just a tad too long to be supported only at the ends. Because of the side-opening, I have to use a ruler to move the pieces into or out of the center of the cabinet. After the garage is built in the spring, the "stored" clothing, dining room set, etc. that is presently behind that "wall" of cabinets will be moved into the storage area of the garage. I'll then have the room for another 7' curio cabinet or a few other 5' ones to take the load off the one I now have.