I have tried several different glass cleaners when cleaning my curio cabinets. Even if I clean them twice, I still get a little haze on the glass in some areas of the shelves and mirrors.

I've tried Windex (works well but still some hazing), Shaw's Supermarket brand (lousy), Clearview (a wee bit better than Windex), and Glass Plus (seemed to work better than the others).

I use old bath towels, hand towels, and paper towels but seem to get the same result. I change towels often but this doesn't seem to make any difference. I still get hazing in some areas, directly related to the motion I use with the towel.

Could it be possible that the glass cleaners I'm using are leaving a residue on the glass that needs to be stripped off with something like ammonia? I really don't want to use anything that might damage the wood finish of the cabinet.

Could it be possible that when I wash the old towels a residue is staying in the material? Remember, I've tried papertowels that are new then thrown away after using and I still get the same result.

Maybe one of you might have experienced a similar problem and can advise me how to correct it.

Bob