The Barbers point came yesterday and I let my 30 yr old daughter open it. I was so surprised at her reaction toward it. She exclaimed how out of my 400 lighthouses that this is her favorite. She noted how the stressed paint added to realistic look of it and how detailed the house was. I saw that it looked detailed but didn’t realize how much until I took a magnifying glass to it.

The following are the extremely detailed items I noticed,

1. The house chimney has each brick individually showed.
2. The window casings are shown with the window set back in its own plain.
3. The individual slats are defined in the skirting below the house.
4. The wood siding pops out and is very defined as individual boards.
5. The roof- I believe every shingle was etched in on the roof.

You might say, Well doesn’t other lighthouses keepers house have this much detail. Yes on the larger profiled keeper houses they do. But for how small the profile of the house is, it is very impressive how much detailing went into it for its small scale.
The lighthouse figurine allover impression is that it keeps your eyes busy with two lighthouse towers, a keepers house, water, beach, rocks, grass, bushes and my favorite the Palm trees. To me they are one of the things I thought was the most impressive. The one tree is twice as high as the house, and the other is 2 and a half times higher. That makes the lighthouse very realistic looking. The other thing I like about the Palm trees are that they are not rigid and they bounce back. I wonder if Harry tested them to see where their breaking point is.

The thing I didn’t like about Barbers point was the Peanuts. Peanuts, Peanuts everywhere. But Rich explained to me that with this type of packaging that Harry is getting zero breakage. So I guess they are okay if they help to keep breakage down.

My final comment is that isn’t it great it is totally made in the USA at Harry’s studio in San Diego California. We now have a California made lighthouses again.

DANIEL