I firmly believe that the majority of HLs collectors in the beginning were interested in an investment and not really that interested in lighthouses. Only a minority actually were interested in the product and lighthouses and collected them for themselves instead of as an investment or a way to make a few bucks during the "lighthouse fad".

Bill told me during a meeting we had to collect HLs because You love lighthouses and not for an investment. He said most collectors loose interest in an average of 10 years and that their collections usually are worth much less then what they originally paid, but, loving lighthouses and looking at you collection was the true investment and not what you can sell a piece for at a later time.

Most of the actual lighthouse lovers have either passed away or have downsized. Downsizing should not make you loose interest but I guess it does based on forums participation. As of this writing there have been 16 readings but only 2 collectors have participated, This is a truly bad percentage.

I also blame cell phones since everyone's nose is in them texting instead of taking the time to get on your computer and posting. Another thing is the new collectors not posting. Why would a new collector want to take the time to post about their collection when no one will take the time to answer his post except 3-4 loyal members?

Rich