I guess an old man really doesn't understand and needs a clear explanation of why we are averaging between 500-700 registered members and guests each day over a 24 hour period on the Forums, but, we only seem to average about 5 new posts each week.

Daniel and I were discussing why there is not more participation on the Forums especially because there are so many visitors during a 24 hour period. We could not come up with any reason except there is really no interest in Harbour Lights any more other then to sell collections.

I realize that guests/visitors cannot post and only registered members can start or add to a post. Registration is very simple and no personal information is required unless you want to add personal information. My question is two-fold:

1. Why don't more visitors register so they can post and add their thoughts/knowledge to our members database?

2. Why do our 2,504 registered members not post more often?

I'm sure that of the 2,504 members that over 3/4 of them have either passed away, lost interest in Harbour Lights or just don't have the time to post. Quite a few of the past active members probably now frequent the Facebook version of the Forums but there should always be a few extra minutes to also visit and post on the Forums.

I wish that we could get a discussion going so I could understand but there probably will be very few that will take the time to answer a old man's rambling questions.

Rich