After 6 years of dormant Harbour Light collecting I started up again. I got hit by the Fresnel lens bug. Rich talked me into buying the Harry Hines Lens. When I saw how neat Harry's lens was, I took a good look at the Harbour Light lenses again. I have collected the first 4 with matching double digits and got bored with their design. When I recently reviewed the newer models I was impressed with the different unique designs. But Boy are they expensive.

OF all the HL to go back collecting why the Lenses?

1. The first reason is that most hl collectors love the designs and its uniqueness and makes then very desirable and valuable.

2. The Second big reason is that there is a practical end to having a complete set. Men collectors have a tendency to collect all of one type. Like all the Christmas pieces, all the Balloons and of course all of the Fresnel lens. Having a reasonable amount for a complete set Like 11 (12 counting Harries Lens) makes them desirable.

3. The third big reason is that most of Lens can be found. Not like The Christmas set which the last three Pieces are next to impossible to find. Not to Say that collecting Fresnel lens are not without its challenges like finding the HL695 St. Augustine, FL Lens and the HL806 Fastnet Rock Ireland Lens. But at this time I have seen every Fresnel on EBay this month and at least 8 if not 9 out of the 11 on Roland’s Web Store. I can’t say that about the Christmas pieces. Don’t get me wrong about collecting Christmas Lights, I have been thinking of finishing my collection on them next.

4. Time has proven that the Fresnel Lenses are not a collecting fad and has held out with its value just keeps climbing. Probably the nicest thing about collecting a full set of the Fresnel is that every one of the Lenses are valuable and each one are worth at least twice its retail with some worth a lot, lot more.

Let me know if I talked you into collecting the Fresnel Lenses.

DANIEL