Since you are reading this post, allow me to say “Welcome Back to the Collector Forums.” As many of you are aware, this site went off-air three weeks ago. Thanks to the work of several folks the site is now back, stronger than ever.

On behalf of CF members, lighthouse collectors and lighthouse lovers I have been able to purchase this site from John. It would have just about expended the funds we had on hand, but a fine group of people have stepped up to make modest donations, which when taken in total, will allow this site to continue for 2 or more years. We will be in fair shape going forward.

• At this point we have accomplished the following:
• Updated the site to the current version of UBB software
• Moved the site to now be hosted by the UBB folks
• Reduced our monthly hosting cost by 60%

So, I think we are headed in the right direction. I am new at this webmaster thing so please bear with me while I learn the ropes. We may from time to time hit a snag, but be assured that we will get things worked out. I will be trimming some of the older, unused forums as I have time. I will not delete areas like the ones covering the reunions and such. But there will be some trimming done. I will also be creating or renaming some forums.

While you are here please take a moment to make a posting. We would all love to see the activity here pick up. And, don’t forget to visit regularly and post when you visit.

Dave