That HL382 is interesting and unknown to me before seeing this thread. Even an old-timer can learn something new!

I read the original note as asking about favorite lighthouses, not necessarily favorite HLs. I don't know if I have 10, but here goes, in no particular order.

Barnegat, NJ. Went there in February one year to look for ducks in the inlet. Beautiful blue sky and FRIGID temps. The ducks didn't mind. We did.

Key West, FL. Climbed the tower, looked around using binoculars. Had to skip past a few rooftops where people were working on their tans.

Biloxi, MS. We were driving to Brownsville, TX for some birding. Came across this wonderful little lighthouse that sits in the median of the coastal highway through Biloxi. In the median! No treks through the marsh. No drives on what passes for a road. It is in the middle of the road!

Ponce Inlet, FL. Probably more for the lens museum than for the lighthouse.

Point Reyes, CA. Glad we did those steps, down and up, when we were younger!

Pemequid, ME. Gorgeous setting, beautiful light. The rocks! No wonder Maine needs so many lighthouses.

Cockolds, ME. Watching the light from my grandfather's cottage.

Cape Hattaras, NC. We saw the work being done in preparation to move it. What a feat.

Fort Jefferson, Dry Tortugas, FL. Took the seaplane to and from. Great views, and who decided to build that so far out and away from anywhere in the first place? Sea trutles, dolphins, and schools of fish. Wonderful adventure.

Point No Point, WA. Great place to watch the shipping traffic in and out of Seattle and other Puget Sound ports. Home of the United States Lighthouse Society. Still indebted to the Cooks for taking me out there.

Rick