All,

Please understand. I do not want to see the demise of the Forums. I too visit it at least weekly, even though I rarely sign in. It is a part of my routine.

I also want to be clear that I appreciate the efforts of the handful of people who are, and have in the past, done the day-to-day work (yes, it is work to operate and maintain a presence on the web) of making the Forums possible. Including finding the funds to pay the bills.

But, would my life change if the Forums were gone? I don't think so. Certainly not enough for me to sign up to assist in open-ended financial support.

Using John's numbers from his post a couple of days ago, there is potentially one more year of operating funds available, IF all of the Wisconsin Points are sold @2 for $75.00. The math works out to $1,275.00, or 12 months @ $100.00 per month and $75.00 to pay the domain renewal fee.

I don't know the rate of WP sales, but it would need to average about 3 sales every 2 months to sell all 17 available pairs in the next 12 months.

Beyond that, everyone who has offered to pony up 'a small fee' would be on the hook. I think about 17 individuals have posted in this thread. Not all of them made the offer to financially support the Forums. But if they did, they'd each be on the hook for $75.00 per year.

Of course, the more people willing to pay, the lower the payment per person. But ask yourself. How much can you afford to pay to keep the Forums alive? And for how many years? Who picks up the slack for a payment that is not received? Or two, or three?

I would have to think long and hard about signing up. I've retired. Income isn't what it once was. I have more HLs in their boxes and in the closet than I have on display to enjoy. If I bought WP, they'd wind up in the closet too.

As you all are considering John's question, keep in mind the practical implications of continuing the Forums, as well as the emotional reasons.

Rick