Jim,

Mackinac Island...what a treat you have to look forward to! And in July/August!

Flying? driving? Will you have a car to use before/after your trip to the island?

How many days do you have to play?

Will cruise pass Round Island lighthouse! Possibly cruise under the bridge. Depends on what boat service you use. Arnold Line, Shepler's, Star Line.

Like Mark says, book a Shepler's lighthouse boat tour...east and west tours. Depending on your days on the island, the boat cruises can go or not go, due to the weather on the lakes. Sheplers will explain what you need to know.

Riding a bike on the island...best way to get around! If you have a bike at home, practice! You will have to dodge alot of horse droppings and people! No cars allowed on island! Plenty of bikes to rent for several time options.

Grand Hotel....a must...

Mackinaw City: climb Old Mackinac Point, and close by McGulpin lighthouse.

Mackinac Bridge....5 miles in length, and if you drive to Sault Ste. Marie (SOO), you will be driving on it.

Sault Ste. Marie, MI 90 miles north.
View the Soo Locks, Whitefish Point. More lighthouses to the west if you have the time.

Clyde's Drive-In....best burgers in St. Ignace, and Sault Ste. Marie.

Highway US 2, (west of St. Ignace)...also know as...Upper Peninsula of Michigan...fantastic drive to view Lake Michigan, sand beaches.

Like t-shirts...you will have plenty to buy! Like Fudge....oh my....

And the best SUNSETS ever...

Yes, I live less than 1 hour away from Mackinac Island...and will need my island fix this summer.

Mary