Finally getting a chance to check in.

Power was out from Monday till Friday for us, but many still don't have electric yet. Hopefully by this weekend.

My home has some minor roof damage and we have several trees that are down or will be needing to take down.

Deb's mom was on Hospice in our home at the time the storm hit. Her electric hospital bed had an inflated matress that was deflating. Thanks to a good neighbor who came over several time with his generator, we were able to make her as comfortable as possible until she passed a couple days after the storm.

Her viewings were Sunday and funeral was on Monday. Deb is hanging in there. Some moments she's fine, then she's not at times.

My father(93) and brothers house was hit hard by the flood waters, half way up the first floor. My good friends home(single story) was also flooded by the high flood waters and is unlivable at this time.

There are many other friends homes that have been flooded as well. These are homes west of Barnegat Bay.

I have been helping clean out and demolishing these houses as well as others as much as possible.

I have to admit I am overwhelmed.

The barrier islands are a disaster area. I know part of one bridge is gone from the waves crashing over it. This was a bay bridge.

Currently a Noreaster is coming through and there is already a couple inches of snow on the ground.

I am doing clean up and demo work the next two days, then framing the following two days. I don't know when I'm going to get a chance to remove the down trees in my yard. They might be there for a while.

I hope others affected by Hurricane Sandy are okay.

I know a few NJ & NY lighthouses have some damage.

I'll check back in when I can.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.