The sign is misspelled and the cracks are still in the tree so Mark's thoughts are running in the right direction. The flag base being removed and sent back while the person kept the piece is a very possible and probable happening since no one wants to believe the possibility of these piece slipping through the cracks from the factory and Quality Control in San Diego Wonder why all the other mistakes and variance pieces didn't get caught?

Whatever the answer is I am the proud owner of a one of a kind (be it a factory screwup or modified piece) of a one of a kind lighthouse that while no one wants to admit is probably worth a lot more than a normal Ceboygan Crib whether it's a recognized Harbour Lights, a modified piece or a knockoff. And I'm happy with it whatever it is.

Now Paul, please tell me if you think the "APE HATTERAS" and the "ADMIRALPY" are not true Harbour Lights or if you think they were modified to read the way they read? It will be interesting to hear your ideas how they came about. Did the factory do this or did some energetic collector do this in your opinion?

Rich