Harbour Light valuable lighthouses.

In the booming years of Harbour Lights I had a handle on the secondary market. I knew the comparable value of one Harbour light verses the other. But with the confusing market today I find it difficult to put values on Harbour Lights.

There may be a particular Harbour light on eBay that is rare and very hard to find with a starting bid of $10, if no one bids on it its does that mean its worth less than $10. I don’t think so. So I value lighthouses with what I call the “Best possible value”. This is what to shoot for. This is the price you may get with a little work and some patience.

Here are some rare lights: (These are out of most collectors’ league)

Point Vicente Light AP (2) won for 10,300 at first reunion
Macquarie HL197 AP (2) larger mold version.
HL101 Admiralty Head (misspelled Admiralpy) 2 known to exist- probably around 12. I would guess it was a mold problem and it was corrected on the next mold.
Old Field PointHL707 AP (12) pewter tree instead of pine tree
West Quoddy HL 458 AP (14)
Grand Haven –red roof 14 AP
Montauk GLOW X405 AP (14)
Paint masters (2) and counter samples (2)
California made up to 266
101 to 138 AP

The standard collector’s choice of the top ten most valuable Lighthouses:

1. HL102 Original Thin Tower Cape Hatteras 266 – This in my opinion is the most valuable and popular for the common collector. Because of the high breakage of these and probably many have been thrown away by people not knowing what they are worth. Probably less than 50 exist.
2. HL111 Coquille River 1138, This had great promotions by HL and extremely popular. This was absorbed by lighthouse collectors before there became Harbour Light collectors. Again many don’t know what they have and many probably have been thrown out.

3. Regional gold lighthouses - 1 to 35 depending on the lighthouse. Probably mast collectors would like to have at least one.

4. HL417/HL178 Mukilteo (misspelled Mulkiteo, Muukilteo(rounded U), Muukilteo (flat U) and Mlkilteo)

5. HL124 Split Rock (wrong state MI or M^ (upside down V) on flag –
6. Store event gold pieces- 70 to 130 depending on the lighthouse. . Probably most collectors would like to have at least one.
7. Artist proofs 12 to 14
8. Founders collection (10)
9. Burrow Wa flag error 550
10. Special Lighthouses with production of 500 or less.

DANIEL