As John stated above, the value of any lighthouse is in the eyes of the buyer. The seller will try and set a price usually based on what he/she paid for it or what the piece was worth prior to the down pricing of the collectible market. There is no known pricing guide that is correct, since the one-time publication of the Green Book, other than what something is ACTUALLY selling for on EBAY, not what the seller is TRYING to sell it for.

The closest real authority of what something is worth in today's market is Daniel and hopefully he can give you what the top ten pieces are and what their current value is based on what buyers are purchasing.

During the last 2 1/2 years I started on a quest to get all the variations and countries of manufacture for all limited editions and especially the first 38 lighthouses. Base on this I will give you what I feel are the top ten most valuable lighthouses. I'm certain that others will have some disagreement but here goes.

1. HL102 Original Thin Tower Cape Hatteras (white tip and Dark Green tip versions - $$800 to $1600.
2. HL111 Coquille River (California 3 panel and Canadian 4 panel versions - $700 to $1300.
3. HL101 Admiralty Head (mispelled Admiralpy) - $700 to $1000.
4. HL417/HL178 Mukilteo (mispelled Mulkiteo, Muukilteo(rounded U), Muukilteo (flat U) and Mlkilteo) - $600 to $800.
5. HL124 Split Rock (wrong state MI or M^ (upside down V) on flag - $400 to $500.
6. Any GOLD Plated Event Exclusive (many to choose from - $200 to $1500.
7. Any Paint Master (only 2 produced of each lighthouse) - $200 to $400.
8. Any Counter Sample (only 2 produced of each lighthouse - $200 to $400.
9. Any #1 Limited Edition of the original 38 lighthouses (except HL102 & HL111) - $250 to $300.
10. HL102 Revised Cape Hatteras (with reversed paint stripes) - $250 to $300.

These would be my choices, but, it's only my opinion so let's see what others may say.

Rich