Over on Facebook, we've started a discussion to determine if there is interest in an independent event in 2013. You can catch up on it through this text, then post replies here if your are Facebook shy or over on Facebook if you are already a member:

-------------------------------------------------
Is there interest in a collector-organized and operated Harbour Lights "event" to be held somewhere in the summer of 2013? Perhaps in the Great Lakes area, Maine, or the Northwest Coast? A weekend event for re-connecting with those who used to attend the Rosemont/Navy Pier trade shows or the Harbour Lights Regional Events.

Please give some feedback, including what we might do at such a gathering and where you'd like it to be held. If you'd be willing to volunteer to help organize such an event, let us know. Ask questions now. If you wouldn't or couldn't come, let us know that too.

We've got 103 members, can we hear from a good percentage of you?

Jim Johnson and Hilari C. Seery like this.

Judy Fernandez Newblom Would Harry and/or Youngers be there? I vote for Pacific Northwest.

John Chidester ‎Judy Fernandez Newblom: Bill and Nancy Younger and Harry would be invited... but thinking at this stage is to get an event outlined, then check their availability for a specific place and date and see whether they could make it.

Randall Ronne We would be interested. It would largely depend on when as we have week long trips in March and August. A long weekend would work best for us. Great Lakes (Lake Huron) woudl be great. Other places would depend on the plans.

Amy Wacker While I have never attended an event in the past, I would be interested now. Would like the NW as we have not visited there yet (just moved to AZ from NJ last year), but the Great Lakes might work depending in time of the year. Any acess to local lighthouses, especially those not normally open to the public would make the event special. I wonder if piggybacking on an established lighthouse event like the Great Lakes Lighthouse Festival would make this easier to coordinate.

Michael Babischkin I'd be interested in attending depending on where in the Great Lakes we're talking...

Pamela Cook I would be interested.....doesn't really matter where to me, and I would be willing to help out somehow.

Twiggy Holmes Hi John I would be interested in an event of this kind. Could help with some organizing. If I had a choice it would be Maine in Oct. for the foliage time, plus all the lighthouse in the area. But anywhere is fine with me, I would do my best to attend.

John Chidester ‎Twiggy Holmes, I shouldn't have limited it to summer, I guess. Other suggest dates as you wish.

John Chidester ‎Amy Wacker - welcome to a fellow transplant to Arizonan. I shouldn't have limited the scope to just those who have attended events in the past. All interested in collecting Harbour Lights or in lighthouses in general would be welcome.

Amy Wacker John - we live in Tucson. Not exactly a great location for a lighthouse enthusiast(!), but can't beat the weather. Where are you?

Eric S. Martin Hi, unless my money situation improves, I most likely could not go unless it was in Florida. Good Luck.
take care, Eric

Hilari C. Seery Would love to attend - Great Lakes sounds great to me have never been so would be a new adventure, also think spring or autumn would be better cost wise.

John Chidester Lakes Erie and Ontario would have many lights I haven't yet seen. Perhaps meet mid-way in Buffalo or Niagara Falls?

Hilari C. Seery Buffalo woul be good lights there to see!

Current as of 05-08-12 @ 10:41 AM MST

Last edited by Webmaster; 05/08/12 09:00 PM.