We felt the events and overfall relaxed pace of the San Diego reunion were just right. The Providence reunion tried to do too much in one day and there was not same opportunity to enjoy time with people. The open atrium atmosphere of the SD hotel was more conducive to small gatherings and room hopping.

We didn't feel like we had to follow an itinerary at San Diego - Saturday afternoon with the exhibits and model painting was eventful, but you could do it leisurely. The visit to the Point Lomas and the box lunch was very nice and you had plenty of time to walk around and take your time. Three days was good.

I'm not sure about the best way to accomodate all the people who want to attend, but given a choice I'll take a smaller crowd over a larger one. If the reunion is gonna have 1000-1500 attendees, then I'll vote for two seperate reunions. Let HL figure out how many people are interested and hold as many 750 person reunions as needed to accomodate. Less likely to feel like sheep herded around. Also prefer a smaller city and not a downtown setting. Two smaller venues open the possibilties to many more locations.

__
/im