Mike - Did HLs twist your arm enough to break it as you were taking the money out of your wallet? If they did it's the first time I heard of it happening. Most of us are upset at the way HLs ended it's run but with over 750 lighthouses in my collection I don't feel that HLs "SUCKED" one dollar out of me. I openly bought every one of my lighthoses and have had, and will continue to have, great pleasure from my collection. In fact I'm still continuing to buy lighthouses as I see variations that I don't have. I just ordered a S/N 1 Colossus of Rhodes from the Depot. This will be my only S/N 1 in my collection.

Collectors that collect something for an investment should play the stock market instead of collecting because it's a safer bet to make money and they probably weren't interested in what they were collecting anyway. A "fad" is exactly what the lighthouse craze was for over 20 years and I'm so glad it lasted that long because I have always loved lighthouses. I want to thank the Youngers and Don Devine for keeping it alive for so long even though they did things that I didn't care for such as the GLOWS, over producing (10,000 editions) and still not saying the run is over.

For those of you that have never had a chance to meet and talk with Bill Younger, one of the first things out of his mouth was "I hope your not collecting for an investment but because you love what your collecting". Instead of crying and yelling "BUH! HUMBUG!", you should be shouting "YEA! FANTASTIC!" and should be enjoying whatever lighthouses are in your collection.

Rich