To those of you who are not on Facebook, I understand where you are coming from. That was EXACTLY me a couple of years ago. Then I was contacted by a member of my high school class who was putting together a reunion via a page on Facebook.
The only way to access the page was to become a member of the "dreaded" Facebook.
I had heard all of the stories, (fact and/or fiction). Computers getting hacked. Identities getting stolen, etc. etc. I had hesitated to become a member because of the stories even though I had been urged to join in by family and colleagues. More and more businesses were using Facebook, so there HAD to be something there. But then again, the stories.......
After being contacted by my old classmate I figured it was time to bite the bullet and see what this Facebook was all about. True, it's not the old way of communicating, (which, by the way, I still prefer), but it's a way to enhance and add to what we already do.
I was taught by one of my mentors long ago that if you want to stay young and relevant you can't be afraid to accept change and embrace it. Otherwise you just wither away and die. I ain't ready to call it a day yet!

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html