Dave and Rick seem to have hit on a lot of the feeling I have about social networks and the ability of others to learn more about you then you may want them to find out.

I have read several times about companies monitoring these sites and finding information on them about employees. A case in point, and not knowing all the intimate details, was a employee that was fired from his company after they found out some information about him that they felt was detrimental to their standards. Seems like the employee had mentioned something on Facebook a few years ago that shouldn't have been mentioned and the company found out about it. It was something about the upper management and not anything that had to do with the company's security or product.

Did the company react to harshly about the employees post? Maybe yes, maybe no, as they did not give the details. All I know is this was just a situation I read about and it brings to mind 2 phrases that I have seen posted on the wall, both in the military, and at my civilian job. The first is "Loose lips sink ships" and the second is "Would you want your son's enemy knowing the information your telling him"?

Rich