Over the last couple weeks, in our area, we have seen at least three retailers discontinue the Harbour Light line. Yesterday, we drove over to Buffalo to do some HL exploring and found three more retailers either have or are in the process of eliminating the line.
I am interested in finding out if any other forum members are experiencing this same situation.
In talking to the dealers, each stated that sales were slow and the required space needed to display so many pcs. had become a problem (again, maybe GLOWS should become MINI'S.) Most of these stores carried smaller counts of each pc. and some to be frank, displayed them with the care you would use rearranging with a shovel.
It is my hope these retailers didn't carry the HL banner in the appropiate way to help advance the line. If that is correct, then we will be better without them. But, if my summation is wrong, will this become a continuous trend. In hindsight, did the company address the ed. size and amt. of releases too late? I know this has been beaten to death, but I still believe the Glows are hurting the LE's value too much. There could be other reasons, but it is important to note, that the company is listening to us and is making adjustments. Something, IMHO, many other lines have never done.
I hope the future stays bright for HL and for us the collectors. Maybe more collectible lines need to do what Ferrari does with their cars, produce enough to just meet the demand minus one or two. Very hard to do but at least it looks like Bill and Co. are trying.
Kaiz